Indoor Flatland Race Nov 13-15, 2005 DC Ski/Snowboard Expo

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Indoor Flatland Race Nov 13-15, 2005 DC Ski/Snowboard Expo

Post by David Riordon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:05 am

Here is an idea that we will end up likely NOT going through with; how about approaching the organizers of the Washington DC Ski & Snowboard Expo with hosting an indoor flatland slalom race. I could imagine large start ramps with head to head racing and maybe even dual elimination. The building is huge and has been the site of past street skateboard demos. The floor is perfect for a slalom race.

Come to think of it, the expo people should pay us to hold a race there or at the least foot the bill for the race insurances and if they were smart then rent a display timer for all to see the racer's times.

Here is the expo info.

Washington, DC Ski & Snowboard Expo
November 11-13, 2005
http://www.nationalskiexpo.com/exhibitor/dc/index.htm
Contact Point:
Sales Department
P.O. Box 5138 • Springfield, VA 22150-5138
Office: (703) 912-9332 • Fax: (703) 644-9580
lbk

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:16 am

How about some real sponsors such as Ski Slopes, Ski & Snowboard companies, sunglass companies, goggles companies, etc. They would have to shell out cash to offset the expenses plus donate gear to give away prizes.

Anybody willing to take this project on??????????

I would help run the event the day of the races along with the likes of Brian Parson, Ohm, etc. And of course we would use John Dillon as the announcer.

Who is going to step up to the plate on this???????
lbk

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:26 am

Or how about making it an indoor "urban waves" style bank slalom race or a freaky Swiss ramp/bank slalom boardercross thing.......
lbk

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:56 am

Dave, all of those events sound great to me. Last time I was at the Expo center in Chantilly I was eyeballing an unfinished part of it for the slalom possibilities. So this sounds extra cool. I'm not sure about Nov 13, but the two days after that I'll be able to at least attend, help out and take part. Does East Coast Boardshop take part in that ski expo?
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!