Cliff Coleman Slide Clinic in DC

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Interest Level:

Definite / Yes
55%
Very Likely
36%
Maybe
No votes
Not Interested
9%

Total votes: 11

ecboardco .com

Cliff Coleman Slide Clinic in DC

Post by ecboardco .com » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:18 pm

ECBoardco.com aka EastCoast Boardcompany in Fairfax, VA and Va Beach, VA is working on bringing Cliff Coleman out to do a slide clinic this fall. The tentative time frame would be Saturday October 15th, 2005. The cost would be $100 a person and would require a few other odds and ends. Cliff would bring his side kick Sergio Yuppie to assist.
Following the slide clinic we are discussing holding a slalom and longboard demo/clinic/race on Sunday the 16th. This would get newbies involved and building the scene here in the DC and Va Beach area.

To make it a two for one, we are going to do a second event in Va Beach.

Check out these links to pass along to anyone you think may be interested;
www.cliffslider.com/articles.htm
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/a ... 6173927849
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/a ... 4170801288

So let me know what you guys think. There is a poll included here so I can get a real since if we can pull this together, thanks.

Doug / ecboardco.com
www.ecboardco.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:46 pm

The Mountain State Slalom Skate during Bridge Day at Fayetteville West Virginia is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 16th. Many of the DC Outlaws make the trip to the race on Saturday.

Oh, and Cliff was there in the rain with the rest of us for the 2002 race

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:05 am

A chance to learn how to slide as taught by Cliff Coleman & Sergio Yuppie is well worth a $100.00 bucks to bring them both out. Note, Sergio came out to one of the Gatherings in Maryland and his slides and spins were so freak'n outrageous, worth the money just to see that in person.

Doug is there another day we can bring them out? Most of the DC crew will likely be at the WV Bridge Day Race but I know they would be very interested in another day. Also I think that other east coast longboarders north and south of DC would come down for it.

How about the Rock Creek Park hills as a place to do it?

And as for the price, at first glance a $100 seem a bit much but I'll put it into perspective with a few price breakdowns:

$55 to see DEVO at the 9:30 Club this month
$220 is what I just paid for knee & elbow pads from Pro-Design
$100 bucks = just about one quality longboard deck w/ grip tape & hardware or two kick flip decks
$100 is what WesE owes for an outstanding speeding ticket in some back hick county southwest of here.
$100 is less than a front slalom truck nowadays
$100 is about the amount you will blow at the bar in DC for some long ago friend that just came into town.
$10,000 is probably the fee that was paid to motivational speaker that Ohm saw at the last conference he was at.

By the way, I voted definite/yes for another date and to offset Wesley Tucker
lbk

ecboardco .com

Change Date of Cliff Coleman Slide Clinic

Post by ecboardco .com » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:22 am

Yes, we can look at October 1st and 2nd. I am trying to book him for two weekends in a row. This will allow for time to take them to VA Beach area. So lets throw this date out and see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback.

Doug

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:57 am

are you serious? i remember others trying to get Cliff in the past, but i don't think there was enough money in it for him. $100 is worth my money for sure as long as we can get him here.

i actually i just spoke to Sergio. he's in Oakland now getting ready to head to the San Deigo area to shoot some vid with the G-Boys for the new film. he has been doing clincs with Cliff in the UK recently and has tentative plans for one in the Cali area along with a slide contest in cooperation with Gravity.

anyways this is a great idea. if we can get these guys here it could help grab the attention from the local longboard community and help get people together. props to eastcoast for even trying to organize something as cool as a Coleman slide clinc.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:54 am

Nino & the rest of the DC Crew,

Did you catch the NPR Story they did on Cliff Coleman sliding? Great audio piece. Makes me want to give it a try.

'Sliders': Racing Down Berkeley's Steep Hills
by Alex Chadwick
Tuesday July 26, 2005
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4771489

Click on "Listen" for the 7 minutes + story.

PS Sergio rules, "backsidah", "frontsidah"
lbk

Barry Siegel

any update

Post by Barry Siegel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:27 pm

hi,

i was wondering if there was any update on this? Is it a definite? just 1 weekend or 2?

thx,

Barry

Justin Pannulla
Justin Thyme
Justin Thyme

Post by Justin Pannulla » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:09 pm

good question, id like to know myself.
all im going to say is i would definitely (not most likely and not probably) attend this slide clinic, since its so close.
100 bucks is totally absolutely worth it in my eyes.
"I like symmetry and geometric shapes"
"I wanted my head to appear small, and the easiest way to do that was to make my body bigger."

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:51 pm

If anyone is still paying attention to this:

I raised a caution about Cliff's slide clinic on October 15 because it would conflict with the announced Mountain State Slalom Skate in West Virginia that weekend.

Well, the MSSS has been put on indefinite hold. It's cancellation is pretty much imminent. Since it's still a month out from the 10/15 date, I would suggest it's more than safe to schedule Cliff for whatever date works best for him. The next race of any consequence isn't until No. 5 in North Carolina.

ecboardco .com

Update on Slide Clinic

Post by ecboardco .com » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:26 pm

To this date, we have not had enough interest committed to confirm the date/event. Unforutnately I have been working on our new website constantly and have not been able to put any energy into marketing the event, which why I am sure we have not had more interest.
Speaking to Ohm, J.Dillion, and LBK there is still interest, but we need the support of the community.
Please contact all those interested and have them post there interest. This may have to be an early November date or next spring.

Doug
ecboardco.com

kevin white

Post by kevin white » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:57 am

sounds awesome, count me in if this ever goes down.
-whitey