Snowboard Trip to France/Italy after Winter Olympics 2006

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Snowboard Trip to France/Italy after Winter Olympics 2006

Post by John Dillon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:38 pm

Hey folks,
Is anyone interested in a snowboarding(OK, if you ski you can come too) trip to Europe after the Olympics, the week of March 3-11,2006? We are staying in a small town on the France/Italian border....cost is roughly 1085$, plus lift tix, which is about $30/day....we'll have 6 days to eurocarve and bust loose. Also, included are ALL meals, RT air, Hotel, bus transfers to/from hotel. I will post where we will be staying and what resorts are local. Right now, it's mostly ski instructors who are going and I am maybe the only snowboard instructor who has paid a deposit. Since we didnt get the minimum # of deposits by our deadline from folks who said they wanted to go, we have opened this trip up to the public, my friends and your friends too. Shoot me a PM if this sounds like a possibility for you. I will post more specifics to woo those sitting on the fence after you read this...let me also state that we are going to an awesome area w/ sick vertical...this is a great deal....don't forget to get your new passport if you dont have one already! Peace!!

John Dillon

Here's some info....

Post by John Dillon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:48 pm

Here's the official deal: The trip is now currently being scheduled for departure on Friday March 3rd, 2006 at 10:30pm from Dulles(IAD) on Air France, arriving into Aix en Provence(MRS), 2pm on Sat March 4th. It's a 3-hr bus ride to our hotel on the French-Italian border town, Briancon/Serre-Chevallier. Name of hotel is Hotel Club du Soliel. There is a welcome party followed by dinner(the French know how to party!). 3 meals are provided each day, including a box lunch for those who stay on the slopes all day or for those who venture out for some sight-seeing. Wine is served as a part of every dinner meal(of course, we're in France!) We can ski/snowboard/or go sightseeing Sunday through Friday. Lift tix are $40, due to new info about the exchange rate...I had said $30 earlier...it's $40.....it may be less due to the strengthening dollar against the Euro...but who cares as there's tons of vert....more on that later.....Return is now scheduled for Sunday March 12th, at 7:35am from MRS, arriving Dulles(IAD) at 12:45 pmSunday, just in time for the late afternoon session at Whitetail or Liberty(yea, right!) Because of this return on Sunday, we will bus it to Aix-en-Provence on Saturday and we must add $48 for another night in a hotel near the airport....alas, we can go out on the town on Saturday night!. This hotel is Hotel Ibis. Websites to check out incl the following about the hotel in Briancon: http://www.hotel-soliel-briancon.cote.azur.fr This hotel is about 800meters from the Prorel Tram. Check out this site: www.serre-chevalier.com Relatively low in elevation but historically receives lots of snow, plenty of tree skiing. The Olympics are being held in Italy in Sestriere. Also, if you wish a single room, you must add $240...the price of 1075$ is double-occupancy + $48 airport hotel + $148.03 per person for US departure taxes,security fees, fuel surcharges,etc...making a total price of 1075+48+148.03+(6x40=240lift tix)=1511.03
Add on charges for those flying out of MIA & Chicago=70, from LAX & SFO= 130.
There's also a free valley ski shuttle bus. I will return w/resort info.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:22 pm

This is great!

I hope there is no Slalom World Cup in Turin during the Olympics, so we can snowboard instead!

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:28 am

hmmm... this is a big possibility for me! will check to see when spring break is~!