MD Freebording, longboard, etc. Meetup 4/17/05

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

MD Freebording, longboard, etc. Meetup 4/17/05

Post by David Riordon » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:40 pm

Maryland Freebording, longboard, carveboards April Meetup
http://freeboarding.meetup.com/1/events/4399133/

To quote Mike the organizer about the April Meetup for MD Freebording, longboard, carveboards:

"This is the [first Maryland Freebord] event ever. This also is an all board ride Meaning any type [of skateboard or Freebord] is welcome. I will not post a place tell 3 to 4 days befor the ride so you are welcome to to tell me where there are good hills and what time is best to bomb them. alright hope to see you there."

When:
Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Where:
(A location for this event hasn't been chosen yet) Though, I'm lobbying for the Gaithersburg Park n Ride.
See the thread I started on the event http://freeboarding.meetup.com/1/boards ... ad=1324183

>>>>>>>>>>

Check the current generation of Freebords http://www.freebord.com Looks sketchy but fun.

I bet if would be fun to see how the freebord runs through a longboard slalom course.

DR
lbk

Rene Hayden

hill riding venues

Post by Rene Hayden » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:25 am

I think this all depends on what kind of event you want, i.e.: slopestyle, or run n' gun.

There are a lot of places with a lot longer runs than the park and ride: Fort Totten Drive and F.T. park in D.C., Fountainhead, University of Maryland all have some bitchin' runs, and me, Anthony Sm. and the Bosi folks had a hell of a time in back of the Gathering at Seneca Creek SP.

Rene.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:08 am

I think the Freebord session is for all abilities from the never ridden a Freebord (that would be me) to the experienced Freeborder. I like the fact that the G-burg Park n Ride has no traffic to worry about and has a mellow pitch as well as a steeper one. Also, I think the guy that is hosting the Meetup is from Gaithersburg and does not drive so he could catch a short drop off or the public transit.

Has anybody tried one of the new Freebords? Slappy has the older model without skyhooks and I only stepped on it once so I have no idea how to ride one. Freebords look so much like snowboarding but with the thrill of a slalom spill (no pain no gain).
lbk

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:09 pm

-----Update on the Freebord Mettup Session-----

Meet at the Glenmont Metro Station Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Mike Diamond will wait tell 1 pm or 1:30 pm and then they are going to go ride. If you show up late call his cell 301-221-4692 to figure out where they are riding so you can get up with them.

Look for Mike & crew with those funky Freebords http://www.freebord.com .

John Dillon and I will be there with our longboards looking to try out one of the freebords. Hope to get them to head on over to the G-burg park & ride so we can throw down some cones and the timer as well.

DR
lbk

John Dillon

No dice...

Post by John Dillon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:31 pm

I ended up hitting the Arlington Skate Park in the morn, did some window shopping in Alexandria, the GSL work from 3:30-8pm...maybe next time?!

Justin Clohesy

Post by Justin Clohesy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:03 am

can someone post up a quick review..i'm anxious to see what i missed

John Dillon

I....

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:30 pm

don't know anybody who showed up....some of the freebord technique looks like the way a lot of beginners ride a snowboard by steering the back foot around sideways, now switching over to switch looked cool but riding straight then sideslipping-styling it isn't really my cup of tea.but, yea, I'd like to try it one day..maybe they could meet at the P&R one day we're running cones,eh?