Mid-Atlantic Skateboard Slalom Indoor Shortcourse Race...

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Mid-Atlantic Skateboard Slalom Indoor Shortcourse Race...

Post by John Dillon » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:07 pm

in the works for Ocean City, Maryland...the weekend of June 4/5th, 2005....more to be announced soon after a couple more hurdles are jumped. Cyberslalom as well! Keep your fingers crossed...and your eyes!!! Who would be in for this, by the way....besides me?

Brian Gilbert

Post by Brian Gilbert » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:19 pm

you know im in John.

Mike Ohm

OC

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:14 pm

John, definately in! Let me know if you need any help.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:20 pm

If the park fits 25 cones at 6 ft and enough run-in&out, the organizer adheres to the CyberSlalom course standards, the floor is good enough to skate on without sliding, sufficient time is given for practice, and there're more then two attempts to run the course in both directions, I'm interested.

Mike, I mean I'm interested in helping, I wouldn't skate without your permission. ;)

John Dillon

Thanks guys...

Post by John Dillon » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:06 pm

of course all you guys can help out AND skate too....thanks for the info, Vlad....looks like it'll be doable...I will be soliciting help but I first need to get a couple more hurdles cleared for the official official...if u know what I mean! Vlad, did u loan out your Donek at WT last Sun morn?

Mike Ohm

OC

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Vlad, if we do Cyber Slalom we need to do it in a way that we are going for the record. Cyber is kinda boring to watch.

Hopefully we have enought room for a duel drag race.

John, who is the organizer for the show?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:43 pm

Yes, I know, Mike. If we don't discuss it before the comp, it might turn out to be a 10-cone at 7ft "drag" race on flat that is exciting to participate <i>and</i> watch.

John,
Doneks have been at Whitetail for a while. There's one regular on FC and one on Axis. The one on Axis (Mike I think is his name) is riding exclusively the flat hill.
I sold all my freecarve Doneks in Russia last year to buy the new Madds. But the new Madds turned out to be crap (worst then Burton - they all broke!), so I'm stuck with a bunch of cash and only 2 snowboards. Coiler is accepting orders only in January of next year (they are booked!), no one can tell me if this year's F2s are worth what they cost (you never know - they change technology every season), Virus is overly expensive, and Doneks are a thing of the past for me. What to do what to do... I'm lucky to have a fckup ankle. Sorry for the off topic, let's talk business. I have a broom.

John Dillon

....I'm hoping for atleast a 20-cone course, at 7ft centers

Post by John Dillon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:59 pm

and the cyberslalom course as u described. Vlad, How long was the course outside the fence at Vans and how many cones was that one that was set at Vintage Day? When I meant short course, I didn't mean a 10-cone course...that'd be way short...I'd call that supershort. Can you dig a 20-cone course?Bob Sadler is putting on the event, Mike. This is a chance for us to get some exposure and race at the ocean even if it is indoors....atleast we don't have to worry about getting rained out...unless the roof leaks or the ocean rises..maybe we'll get a few recruits...got to start somewhere, right? If you make it too hard, then most people will say *#*k that, and never go near it or even look at it. Yes, I agree, Vlad, I'd prefer as you would a longer course but there are restrictions in the amount of space available in the Ocean City Convention Center. I was able to negotiate enough room for possible dual racing. Hopefully, it'll work out alright....we may have start ramps/or we may not. I can envision us using traffic lights to start us...red means don't go, green means GO...or lbk's or Jack's bungie cord start as I think the sound of the bands playing while we are racing may be overwhelming and it might be difficult to hear the words: Ready, Set, GO! Turns out it was Patrick on the red Donek....I dunno who was on the gold Donek. That's too bad about those Madd's...wonder what happened...was it all hype? Hey, everyone, let's make this thing happen, work out the bugs, get it going once I jump through the remaining hoops...I'm doing it for you and for the whole slalom community....I will need your help and I appreciate all your thoughts and comments....we have an opportunity to do something here that was never even thought of as being a part of this weekend extravaganza....plus the different length, surface of the course adds to the variety of courses on which we race. A high fun factor is important to me. More to follow soon, I hope! keep your fingers,legs,eyes crossed! I need to WesE to program everyone's cell # in my cell...so shoot me up on mine @ 443-610-8488 and heal up that ankle so you can race again, Vlad!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:30 am

Ride Whitetail soon, Dillon? I have a new boots-bindings combo to test and nothing to loose.

The length needed for Cyber might not be at your park. It's 30 feet plus 6 times 25 feet plus 3 feet plus whatever the runnout might be (from 0 to 100 ft?)----->220ft min

A 20-cone dual sounds good. Just please-pretty-please don't make it a 7ft tourture. 6ft is already too much for a flat SL race.

John Dillon

Not enough hours in the day.....

Post by John Dillon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:06 pm

Hey Vlad....I'm rolling to VT this wknd for a week, but I may get out to Lib thurs or fri eve, still trying to fit in GSL stuff, working on the OC race possibility, Skate Park of Baltimore, and Carroll County Skate Park, renovate the kitchen and foyer, get the organic garden worked, hunt down some elephant poop from the circus(for the garden, not to smoke it!), plant trees,snowboard,skateboard.........can you do thurs or fri eve?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:07 pm

No, sorry. I gotta smoke horse shit (lazy eye prevention - doctor's orders) today and work tomorrow :(

John Dillon

FYI: It's not happening!

Post by John Dillon » Mon May 23, 2005 8:08 pm

Indoor slalom is off....maybe next yr?

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon May 23, 2005 8:26 pm

wha happun?

John Dillon

Post by John Dillon » Tue May 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Q: long story, I'll tell you in person.