3/15 GSL Benefit 4 bands, 2 DJs @ FIVE, 1214b 18th ST NW DC

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

3/15 GSL Benefit 4 bands, 2 DJs @ FIVE, 1214b 18th ST NW DC

Post by John Dillon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:57 pm

That's right, tuesday, 3/15/05...skate ramp demo, lots of prizes, 4 bands: THE MEDICATIONS, CITYGOATS, THE AQUARIUM, NAGCHAUMPA, DJs: AIMEE POLISKY,RUSTY BELICEK, raffles for Woodward Skate Camp and RED BULL DJ ACADEMY...only $10, everything goes to GSL. Make it happen! Great things are happening in 2005!!!!!!!Be there or be square!!!!!!!!!!!

Rene Hayden

Address

Post by Rene Hayden » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:27 pm

The answer to the question of where to be so as not to be square, is, according to the GSL website:

Located @ FIVE - 1214B 18th Street NW Washington DC 20036
202 - 331 - 7123

I should add that the City Goats and Medications are two of the finest rawk band of the District.

Cheers, see you all there and on Saturday.

Rene.

John Dillon

FIVE TONIGHT!

Post by John Dillon » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:52 pm

I'll c ya there this eve, Rene & Anthony...anybody else going? How about you slackers who get to sleep in every morn. I'll have to roll out early so I can wake up at 4am...maybe I'll sleep in til 4:30am. They said it couldn't be done, let's make it happen! IT WILL GET DONE. LONG LIVE GSL!!!!!! Your support is greatly appreciated!

John Dillon

Killer time last night

Post by John Dillon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:16 pm

What a blast.....Five was packed w/GSL supporters...I sold tons of raffle tix to the crowd. Twas great seeing people coming out of the woodworks for this fundraiser....some folks I haven't seen in years.....from out of town even- from Baltimore and Frederick, from southern Maryland and from all over the DC metropolitan area. The skating was insane, the bands were fantastic....the vids awesome. Best of all, the crowd was great...lots of rad tatoos on gents & ladies....memorable moments include the chick interrupting our conversation when she said that she was digging Rene's curly hair, Jombu's pimped out track suit, Devon dancing on the ramp's stage-side deck w/a Coyote Ugly exuding beauty, someone coming up to me asking if I was from channel 4 news...of course...you will be on the 7am news...so get up early, I said. Also, I won 2 left-footed DVS shoes in the raffle...who won the 2 right-footed ones....let's swap a shoe!