Cabbage's Missing/Abducted Son Found!

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Cabbage's Missing/Abducted Son Found!

Post by David Riordon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:17 am

If you have watched the "extras" on the Gravity Flow Video, then you know that Cabbage talks about his son that was abducted in 2001 by his mother after Cabbage was awarded custody. Well read the news below because law enforcement found Cabbage's boy and have him in their possession (article below is from Baltimore Ch. 11 News). Let's wish Cabbage and family well while showing respect to all that have been impacted by Skye's disappearance and recovery.

Authorities Find Boy Missing For Four Years

FBI, Dominican Authorities Arrest Child's Mother

POSTED: 9:58 pm EST February 18, 2005

Authorities found a boy this week who was abducted from his home four years ago.

Maryland State Police issued a written release Friday evening announcing the recovery. State police said local authorities in the Dominican Republic, in conjunction with the FBI, found the boy -- Skye J. Elliott, 4, previously of Trappe, Md.

The boy remains in the custody of authorities while awaiting the arrival of his father.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police Computer Crimes Unit's Child Recovery Section and Talbot County prosecutors began investigating the boy's disappearance in August 2001. At that time, Skye's father, James R. Bradfield, of Baltimore, reported that the child's mother, Bobbi Jo Elliott, 34, did not make the child available for several visits, state police said.

At that time, a judge on the Eastern Shore awarded legal and physical custody of Skye to Bradfield, who later filed a missing person report.

State police Sgt. Ron Riggin, after reviewing the case in early 2004, recently found information indicating that the suspect and boy were living in the Dominican Republic. State police provided the information to that country's authorities, as well as the FBI.

Authorities served a search warrant Thursday at the home of Skye's grandparents, but did not find the suspect or the boy, but state police said authorities found information that led them to a hotel. That's where authorities found the child with a woman who claimed to be the child's aunt, according to the state police.

Officials later identified the woman as the suspect, the child's mother, Elliott. Authorities arrested Elliott and she remains held by Dominican authorities, pending a hearing. Talbot County prosecutors said they will seek Elliott's extradition back to Maryland.
lbk

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:14 am

LBK..
That is wonderful news!! I had the "have you seen Skye" posted for a long time and added to videos!! I was just thinking about him the other day, and Ohm mentioned Cabbage a few months back...........Faith works sometimes!!! And this time I am sooo happy for Cabbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's all w/ your youngsters???
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Mike Ohm

Cabbage

Post by Mike Ohm » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 pm

I never knew the whole story but am totally stoked for Cabbage. Being a parent myself I can only imagine what Cabbage has endured over those 4 long years. Hopefully the information is good and he returns with his child safe and sound!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Great News!

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Thanks for posting it LBK. Good Luck Cabbage.

C-Yalll later this season.
Many Happy Pumps!

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Double stoked

Post by Andy Bittner » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:22 am

I'm very happy to know that Skye has been located. It's been a long time coming. I am also stoked to find out that Cabbage's real name is James R. Bradfield.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:21 pm

great news Cabbage! Finally skye will get to watch his Dad race.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:59 am

That is awesome news. I heard about this a long time ago. I could not imagine being without my young son for any reason. I can only imagine the pain it caused. Congrats Cabbage!!! Go get him!!!

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:08 am

that's incredible news LBK!

i wish cabbage and skye the best.

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:34 am

yo LBK, i relayed this post to the Gravity message board. i'm sure Breamo and his crew would be stoked to know the great news (if they don't already)!

Tim Keasbey

Wonderful News

Post by Tim Keasbey » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:33 pm

My ex was about to do the same thing years back and was foiled early on, so my heart goes out to you brother. Further proof that sometimes justice is served.