Fountain Head AC/DC

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Rene Hayden

Post by Rene Hayden » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:52 pm

HOW did I know this was going to happen.

Revised forecast according to the Washington Post for today:

20% chance of snow later today, but cloudy.

Is anyone going tomorrow? Is anyone there today?

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Parsons is on his way. I'm gonna check it out too. Call his or my cells if you want to know the conditions. I'll probably be at F'head by 2pm.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Mike Ohm

fountainhead

Post by Mike Ohm » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:41 am

After me, Parsons and WesE rode Fountainhead today, we decided that a DC Outlaw race must be held there. Depending on the weather we may do it next weekend or the following weekend. It will most likely be a super fassst GS on the back hill.

Be ready to skate if the weather looks good.

Anthony Smallwood

'head

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:46 am

Great session today.

Four words: Anthony Flis went BIG!!!!!

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:11 am

Hey, Anthony if you could somehow send me some video or pics of the day i would love it. I look forward to the next concrete wave issue. Also you need to take me to some bigger stuff now :)

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:52 am

Stupid play practice keeping me from having a good time...

Go you Anthony...I hate you

Rene Hayden

Lameness

Post by Rene Hayden » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:34 pm

Sorry I didn't show folks. I interpreted the following statement by Mr. Smallwood to mean that we would in fact be holding the whole shebang today (Sunday): "Right now at 8am it's bright and sunny in DC but the system is on the march. It seems it will pass by fairly quickly so Sunday is looking good. I know the rain date is set for next week but considering the fact that Ian Comoshin and Jon Caften are here and are leaving on Monday, we need to ride this weekend."

I even rescheduled a band practise and a vet appointment for yesterday so I could skate today. Oh well. C'EST LA VIE! I'll probably go hit Charles County.

Last night's party was hell of a good time.

Rene.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:37 pm

rene,
i got flipped too. we're going to hit arlington.
Q

Anthony Smallwood

Anthony as AL Roker

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:07 pm

Ha! I love being the scapegoat. Slides right off my back. I don't think I was speaking for the slalom end of things (they definitely don't me as their representative and spokesman), but from a downhill prospective, if it ain't raining, we're skating. Everyone should know that. And I never saw a drop. HA HA HA HA !!! Killed it in the day, then killed it at night.

The party kicked and lucre was flowing.....

Sunday sesh at Malcolm X, then downhilling on Normanstone

CAll this number and act NOW!! 202-607-1495

Rene Hayden

La Cabra Odorosa

Post by Rene Hayden » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Anthony S.--

By "scapegoating," you mean that I'm assigning blame to the blameless, or putting somebody (usually an outsider) at fault for the actions of myself or my group?

I'm not doing any of that. Your message, for better or for worse, was in fact the only reason why I personally didn't show up yesterday, because it was the only thing I saw or heard after 11:30, slalom was supposed to be in the morning, and I had to get on with errands and shit so I could make the "Sunday" race. Wes posted around noonish. Why would I not show up to an event that I had a hand in planning and was looking forward to ever since young Flis set a date? That would just make me a chump, especially as I've been bitching about the lack of slalom activity in DC lately and I really wanted to test Bozi's Bad Momber on a serious downhill.

My whole hope for the thing when I brought up Ohm and Slappy's idea of holding a race at Fountainhead was that the skating community in general (which you *are* a prominent part of) could go and take part a la DC/DC, thus the AC/DC (Atlantic Cones and Downhill Convergence). So, if a major half of that community was going to say, "let's do this thing tomorrow," hell, I was more than happy to do so. I don't know, but I suspect that's probably why more slalomers didn't show. At least we know that was the case for me and Q. Maybe I just need to stop being all Canadian and accommodating.

I'm not trying to assign blame or no, although I'm disappointed it didn't pan out better on the slalom end for whatever reason, especially with the intense media scrutiny making the slalom community represent like a can of Chef-boy-i'd-say-yer LAME-os. I just thought I owed an explanation for what seemed like flaking (although I doubt anyone cares). When I say that I will be somewhere, I am there.

Peace, love, better communication. I'm looking forward to skating beside you (probably just at the starting line) at the next one.

The party was a blast.

Rene.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:55 pm

no worries here...
I was a little bummed we missed yesterday. Bertleboy would flip if he got a pic in CW. (I didn't tell him about that part of what we missed...)

We skated from 10-12 at Arlington this morning. Beautiful weather. All is good here.

In the future, we need a clear point man for events etc. That way we know who's making a call, and what the call is.

Q

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:10 am

Yeah, I thought we were having it today too. Looking back I guess its a good thing I didn't go yesterday because I had 2 hours of sleep after playing a show at school. When we were skating I'd probably pass out because I do that a lot so it would've ended up being pretty bad.

Sounded like fun and I hope I can make it next time...

Anthony Smallwood

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:04 am

I think you guys missed the point. We would have been there today as well. That was the plan, right? Why didn't it go down, or did it?? The weather was exceptional.
I sure the hell didn't plan this thing but most definitely supported it. When everyone starts talking on the 'net about rain, and what might or might not happen, it seems it's every man for himself. Hell, I don't even have half you guys phone numbers or do many have mine.

The downhillers decided to run in the rain anyway and we let folks know. A rain that never materialized.
My Canadian friend was bagging hard on DC slalom after Flis called and said there was no one there. He was even figuring on writing about it. Then Brian Parsons flew by. Then WesE called. Then Ohm showed. Cones were set and shorty after, we had a happy Canadian.

Bummer though that it didn't happen properly and my apologies to anyone who followed my wisdom and guidance.

I would like to hit it next weekend if anybody is interested.

On a side note, Ben Ashworth's skating at Malcolm X park today was pure art/magic. Felt damn privileged to watch

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:57 am

Anyone who missed out on slalom at F’nhead last Saturday has another chance this Saturday. See my topic titled “Backwoods Blasssst”.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

John Dillon

Excellent party, Anthony!

Post by John Dillon » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:49 pm

Well, it was dry up my way sat morn, but i had other plans in mind so I couldn't skate w/you all....I blew off a day on the slopes to investigate a possible new slalom venue at an event on Maryland's oceanic coast...hopefully, you'll thank me...if it happens.....anyways, afterwards, I drove my hybrid Honda to DC just in time for the festivities...elusively dodging cops whilst I gave directions to Gilbert while behind the wheel myself trying to find the secret location....at one time I was about 30ft away while yapping to Gilbert, trying to get him west of the new Convention Ctr...and I couldn't find it....a few mins later and I found vertdog on foot getting directions from John Bulldog.....they all jumped in my car and we rolled into the side alley...thanks to WesE for saving me a parking space in the VIP Section. The party was the best I've been to since Da Farm....the skating was hard and hectic at times w/ Bo, BeermanJ,Craig,Ben,blu-eyed ollieman,Chelsea,Seth,Jaime and other nameless fanatics wipping around the warehouse floor raiding the ramps and walls of their normal peaceful weekend retreats....I think Ben got the hightest wallride, his entire back and ass kissing the ceiling while he grinded the v top of the trannie that was loose against the brick wall....and he landed it coming down at 200mph missing the structural post that held up the roof...Lost Tribe rocked as did the one w/the synth....there was delish nourishment, incl grilled mushrooms, grilled squash, dogs, burgers, etc....yummmm. Besides DC/DC's Smallwood & son,Dupin&sons& wife, Jaime, & Ben....it was good hanging out w/fellow DC Outlaws Rene(&wife), WesE, Gilbert,Seth, & all the roundwallers & their supporters....GSL is gonna happen, no doubt! I even ran into folks I haven't skated with in years....I even knew the brewmaster who donated the microbrew that everyone enjoyed! Let's do that again!

Brian Gilbert

Post by Brian Gilbert » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:42 pm

hahaha yeah John Dillon definetly help me get to that party, which ruled. I definetly had a bast, it was great seeing everybody there , the bands and the skating kicked ass, not to mention the beer and food. im gona try to make it to fountainhead next week. later skaters