Any DC Skaters Going to TK's Rye Airfield Throwdown 1/8/05

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Any DC Skaters Going to TK's Rye Airfield Throwdown 1/8/05

Post by David Riordon » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:57 am

I see that Seth has signed up for TK's "Park Slalom" Race, wonder how long he will be grounded after that one. Anybody else thinking about hitting the race? TK is one cool dude and you know it will be a fun time.

Not sure if I will be able to make it out there but if I do I would catch a cheap flight and rent a car.

Here is the info:

Rye Airfield Throwdown, January 8th at 9PM. Course will be set primarily on the street course with a focus on the larger banks. Skill levels will vary, the course will be set so that most can make it easily. Professional timing, Ho down after, good times. If you get bored racing, go skate the rest of the park!

The Venue: http://www.ryeairfield.com/inside(skate_map).html

To sign up: http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=160
lbk

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:39 am

(raising hand)

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:41 am

Cheap Roundtrip Airfare BWI to Manchester, NH & Return to BWI next day on Southwest Air is only $120.00

Manchester, NH is 40 miles from Rye Airfield Skatepark?

Check it out at the Southwest web page http://www.southwest.com

For most of us time is not cheap but a an hour and 20 minute flight at $60 bucks vs 8 hour drive each way is cheap.
lbk

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:15 pm

yeah, but if we get like 6 or 7 people (can confortably fit in my suburban with all skate gear) to drive up in one car, it would be much cheaper and easier than flying. i would MUCH prefer that because it is more flexible. and i HATE southwest with a passion. and i am too young to rent a car.
David Riordon wrote:Cheap Roundtrip Airfare BWI to Manchester, NH & Return to BWI next day on Southwest Air is only $120.00

Manchester, NH is 40 miles from Rye Airfield Skatepark?

Check it out at the Southwest web page http://www.southwest.com

For most of us time is not cheap but a an hour and 20 minute flight at $60 bucks vs 8 hour drive each way is cheap.

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:32 pm

here is what i posted on ncdsa:
attention all dc locals! there is a killer bank slalom race at Rye airfield. "The first Rye Airfield Throwdown, January 8th at 9PM. Course will be set primarily on the street course with a focus on the larger banks. Skill levels will vary, the course will be set so that most can make it easily. Professional timing, Ho down after, good times. We'll have the park to ourselves so if you get bored racing, go skate the rest of the park! Come one come all, if you dare!!?? "
I am trying to get 5 or 6 more people from DC who want to come with me. I have a suburban which can fit 7 people and gear comfortably with a dvd player in the back. it is an 8 hour drive. 7 people paying for gas is MUCH cheaper than 7 people paying for airfare and car rental and is also more flexible. I would really like to do this, but i dont think i can fly (too much $$). Plus i cant rent a car. LETS DO THIS! please email me at bankslalom@aol.com if you are interested, subject BANK SLALOM. Thanks!
seth

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:02 pm

seth, i'm down to thrown down on this with you, if you still got room for me of course. that park looks real sick!

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:06 pm

right now we have nino, coolstuff jimmy(big handstand dude at lansdowne from NY) and his kid, devilock joe, and holyghost matt. plus myself. the last four are still slightly tentative, but are probably in. you should come too dave!!

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:21 am

yo seth, would there be room Jenn on this rig? i talked to her tonite and she really wants to go too. hit me up!

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:26 am

yeah bro. hitting the arlington tomorrow afternoon if you wanna join...