Who will win on sat? Ivan or Lansdowne??

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Who will win on sat? Ivan or Lansdowne??

Post by John Dillon » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:36 pm

Yo folks! If u were planning on coming to Lansdowne's Grand Re-Opening sat sept 18th(tomorrow), the weather looks very sketchy....with heavy rain falling all around us except the Balto area right now, more impending dampness(flood watches/warnings) due tonight and tomorrow and tornado watches/warnings from Fredericksburg to just near Lansdowne...who knows what will happen? A decision will be made by 7:45am saturday. Call me on my cell at 443-610-8488 sat morn as Pks & Rec and myself will wait and see what tonight brings us...only a miracle, it seems, will allow this event to go on, but we want to make sure....as the weathermen have been all wrong before. I'll be up on my crutches early...will you be awake? If u show up at Lans at 7:30-8am and it's all wet and cancelled then I propose we all go out for breakfast and talk some cow dung!

Brian Gilbert

Post by Brian Gilbert » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:15 am

yeah that sounds cool dude im down for some breakfast. ill give you a ring

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:27 pm

JD called my cell this AM.

Officially postponed.

Q

John Dillon

Lansdowne Re-scheduled for sat oct 2nd...

Post by John Dillon » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:05 am

Yea, we got rained out...bummer....but we will have a go at it again on sat oct 2nd...anyone able to get there early 8-9am to help set up(hang banners and prizes on the fence w/zip-ties) and set up tables...are welcome! Got some swag to bring?? Then bring it on....lots of prizes already and always looking for more....sponsors get mentioned in the program if you contact me in advance! Thanks for everyone who has already donated swag! Peace!

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:14 am

JD,

October 2nd is the first race of:

DC Winter Outlaw Series

October 2nd – Park and Ride
October 30th – Banked Slalom at Landsdown
November 13th - Park and Ride
December 4th - Park and Ride
December 11th – Park and Ride/Rain Date
December 18th – Park and Ride/Rain Date

Can you pick another date?

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:51 am

i know that there is no turning back on this date. there is also a skatopia bash the same day. people will just have to set priorities. i know where ill be. lansdowne openings only happen once every 25 or so years! there are plans every other weekend in the somewhat near future and all of the sponsors would like this done!

John Dillon

Hey Kevin....

Post by John Dillon » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:25 pm

Sorry, I didn't know that there would be a conflict on sat oct 2nd....I looked everywhere for info and Taz and I just picked sat oct 2nd for the Lansdowne Grand Re-Opening and East Coast Jam...afterwords I found out there was an Outlaw Race then. If you guys can run the slalom race on sunday then you all can come out to Lansdowne and skate(different type of skating, mind you) too. If you all run cones on sat, then that's fine...unfortunately, I won't be running cones nor skating Lansdowne due to the injury...but I will be at Lansdowne on saturday...I hope u will be there too!

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:57 pm

Dude, I just noticed that I have homecoming Saturday!

I can't dump my date for some skating so I'll try and at least catch the Sunday race.

not cool....not cool

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:04 am

Danny Crawford wrote:Dude, I just noticed that I have homecoming Saturday!

I can't dump my date for some skating so I'll try and at least catch the Sunday race.

not cool....not cool
dude, you aint gonna be with her (most likely) for the rest of your life! you will always remember the grand opening of lansdowne... plus lansdowne is in the day, homecoming at night. you are in what, 10th grade? there is homecoming next year. bring her along, maybe she will like skating. thats what i did for the unofficial reopening and now she skates with me all the time

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:40 am

Seth Levy wrote:

not cool....not cool
dude, you aint gonna be with her (most likely) for the rest of your life! you will always remember the grand opening of lansdowne... plus lansdowne is in the day, homecoming at night. you are in what, 10th grade? there is homecoming next year. bring her along, maybe she will like skating. thats what i did for the unofficial reopening and now she skates with me all the time
I already blew $25 on the ticket and then I got some proper shoes and some better pants so I think I'm gonna have to stick with homecoming.

I'll try and be there for the halloween race.

John Dillon

Hey Danny......

Post by John Dillon » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:52 am

Yea, if u cannot skate The Downer in the morn/early afternoon and chill at the Homecoming in the eve...u better stick w/just the Homecoming....25 yrs ago I missed my Homecoming too....but I sure had fun skating!

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:20 am

Danny Crawford wrote:
Seth Levy wrote:

I already blew $25 on the ticket and then I got some proper shoes and some better pants so I think I'm gonna have to stick with homecoming.

I'll try and be there for the halloween race.
Danny,

I hope them "proper shoes" are some high-top Vans (SK8-HI's) or Chuck Taylor All Stars in red....... Those "better pants" better be about an inch or so too short....... Don't forget some punk rock buttons for the jacket along with a loud skinny tie kind of like Elvis Costello would have worn...... Maybe Duane Peter's could loan you some clothes......

Well, you are only in high school for a short time to so make a splash at the dance..... Bet you will never have to pick a dance over skateboarding again.......Any way, have a good time, there is much more skateboarding to be had.

Man, I can only remember going to two dances when I was in high school. Slam dancing by myself at the homecoming was fun. Even my date thought it was kind of cool. Course nobody knew what slam dancing was in my school 20+ years ago. The other dance was my Senior Prom and it was too formal to pull any stunts at but I sure wish I had.

Just trying to stir things up for the young gun skateboarders.

DR
lbk

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:07 am

David Riordon wrote:
Danny Crawford wrote:
Seth Levy wrote: Danny,

I hope them "proper shoes" are some high-top Vans (SK8-HI's) or Chuck Taylor All Stars in red....... Those "better pants" better be about an inch or so too short....... Don't forget some punk rock buttons for the jacket along with a loud skinny tie kind of like Elvis Costello would have worn...... Maybe Duane Peter's could loan you some clothes......

Well, you are only in high school for a short time to so make a splash at the dance..... Bet you will never have to pick a dance over skateboarding again.......Any way, have a good time, there is much more skateboarding to be had.

Man, I can only remember going to two dances when I was in high school. Slam dancing by myself at the homecoming was fun. Even my date thought it was kind of cool. Course nobody knew what slam dancing was in my school 20+ years ago. The other dance was my Senior Prom and it was too formal to pull any stunts at but I sure wish I had.

Just trying to stir things up for the young gun skateboarders.

DR
I did that last year and it was fun but this year I don't want my date's parents to think I'm a troublemaker and she's kinda more uptight about that stuff.

Have fun and skate hard and uhhh....I'll try and be there next time!

Anthony Smallwood

Dillon is the man

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:45 pm

Just wanted to thank John Dillon for all of his efforts in the Landsdown grand re-opening last Saturday. It was pretty obvious that he put a whole lot of work into it and when you consider his present physical condition, it must have been a big pain in the ass.....and neck and shoulder and knee.

Dillon also did the announcing and he's probably the only one capable because he knows EVERYONE! He also pulled in a sh!tload of sponsors.
In my meek and humble opinion, JD is the heart and soul of Mid-Atlantic skating. Now let's hope he heals fast so we can actually skate with him.

Oh yeah, to keep this slalom related, I took Parsons Pocket Pistol for a spin.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:05 am

Any pics?