new to slalom live in baltimore HELP!!!!

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Brian Gilbert

new to slalom live in baltimore HELP!!!!

Post by Brian Gilbert » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:59 am

hey guys Im gilbert, im 22 , just got into slalom. i'm riding a pocket pistol duane peters hardcore series deck w/stiff flex i wiegh 185 and am 6ft 2in, stock indy 101's, and abec 11 no skoolz 60mm 78a.
i was wondering if you guys practice on the weekends , outside of the races you hold, if you do where is this and when. i need help here i think im doin this stuff right but i have no idea. im in arbutus md, ill drive anywhere to do this. Thanks guys.

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Welcome

Post by Andy Bittner » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:22 pm

Did you hear that, Johnny-rad? He's in Arbutus! Does the Arbutus Ditch even still exist?

Gilbert, you're stoked. You've just moved into the vicinity of one of the most major hotbeds of slalom skateboarding in the world, the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. Although there aren't very many slalomers actually in the immediate Baltimore area, the DC area and the Mid-Atlantic region have some of the most frequent, regular, energetic and easy to engage slalom racing opportunities in the world.

Keep your nose right in this forum. Almost everything slalom-related that happens or is going to happen in the area will show up on this forum in advance. To some degree, that goes for downhill, vintage and ditch action as well.

For the past couple of years, Brian Parsons has made a semi-regular schedule of series-races (Winter and Summer Series) that tend to take place either here at the Park and Race in Gaithersburg or at one of a couple of spots in northern Virginia.

Brian Gilbert

Post by Brian Gilbert » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:24 pm

Andy thanks man , yeah the ditch is still there, alive and well.

John Dillon

Slalom practice in Balto..

Post by John Dillon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:31 pm

Hey Gilbert....yea, mostly us Baltimore folks must head to the DC area to ride w/cool slalom folks there......but right now get some time in at Lansdowne and the Arbutus Ditch or, after the Lansdowne Grand Re-Opening on sat sept 18th, I'll have more time to run cones locally...usually on the Howard/Carroll County border at Freedom Park, or the new Century HS parking lot. Go to the park-n-ride in G-burg on the wknds...usually someone is running cones there. Peace out!