Sept 11th race

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Anthony Smallwood

Sept 11th race

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:28 am

The DC Downhill Outlaw race is currently in limbo. We went to check on the proposed race road and found out it's in the process of being repaved and it looks like it won't be finished for some time. The good news is it will be a great race road when they're done.
In the mean time, we need a back-up road. Van Dorn is a possibility but it's not the greatest for racing. We could just run it for fun and forget the race. Anyone who has any ideas please post them. Let's agree on something by Friday.

Also, our gnarliest road in DC was recently paved. It is flat out scary.
We'll probably ride it Saturday night if anyone is interested. It will take a team effort as spotters are needed in a few critical sections. This run is very technical and super fast and full face helmets are mandatory.
We hope to have a legit event here in the future.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:50 am

I know some hills that are probably close to the speeds reached at Van Dorn and longer. It may be a problem that they're in residential areas. But there's 3 good runs all right next to eachother. One starts on a pretty steep but short hill and even outs a little bit at a four way stop and goes on at a lesser grade. Then there's another hill that you can go down and then take a right and your about 20 feet from that same four way stop and take a left down the rest of the hill. The last one starts at the same place as the first one but you take a right at the stop sign. Part of the road is freshly paved and you hit some nice speeds. Then there's two other hills in the same area that are alright too.

Tony was telling me his mom was going crazy and isn't letting him go but we're working on it.

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:46 pm

i suck at van dorn, im going to arlington!
maybe next time for me...

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:55 pm

So what's happening today?