chicken vs. geezer indy offsets...

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Seth Levy

chicken vs. geezer indy offsets...

Post by Seth Levy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:35 am

i want to know who is the best for the money... i have a set of indy 101s already, so it may just be better to go with geezer... either way, could you email me? i have quite a few jobs for you... thanks
seth

Rene Hayden

offsets

Post by Rene Hayden » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 am

hey seth,

easy answer to that one, because last time saw Mr. X, he said he wasn't making them anymore. Said having a good straight axle replacement did as much or more for traction than offsets--something about torsional watchamacalit and variable flex frumption. I should probably let the Geeze speak for himself, anyways.

I do know that his axle replacement KICK! I was sceptical, but I really could feel the difference. I've yet to see if it makes me faster, though.

Cheers,

Rene.

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:48 am

thanks. seems cheaper too. i need the axel replacement for like 6 sets of trucks as it is...

Alex Walters

Re: offsets

Post by Alex Walters » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:52 am

Rene Hayden wrote:hey seth,

easy answer to that one, because last time saw Mr. X, he said he wasn't making them anymore. Said having a good straight axle replacement did as much or more for traction than offsets--something about torsional watchamacalit and variable flex frumption. I should probably let the Geeze speak for himself, anyways.

I do know that his axle replacement KICK! I was sceptical, but I really could feel the difference. I've yet to see if it makes me faster, though.

Cheers,

Rene.
I hope he's still doing offsets. I want to get my RT-S offset.

Mike Ohm

offsets

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Seth or anybody that need them. I have two sets of Indy 101 offsets that I can part with. They were built by TK. Great craftmanship.

Contact me if you want to see them. We can talk $$$ later.

703-930-1044

Eric Wallgren
Geezer-X
Geezer-X

Indy Offsets....

Post by Eric Wallgren » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:29 am

Are AWESOME !!!!

If someone doesn't buy these from Ohm, I'll pick 'em up myself.

How much are you asking?
Last edited by Eric Wallgren on Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

My offset hurt me...Check your nuts!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:40 pm

I have one of the OLD Indy offsets with the stupid little non-standard axle nuts. I put on a set of Avalons with Biltins fitted, not noticing that the Biltins (excellent bearing system) were a fraction wider than the previous arrangement, consequently the nylon on the nyloc didn't quite catch... Yesterday, three-quarters of the way through a hybrid course the rear left axle nut decided it had had enough and parted company with the rest of my set-up, the wheel decided it would head for some nearby bushes. Accompanied by the sound of metal on ashphalt I headed for the ground at around 20 mph managing to smash my watch graze my palm, forearm and back and slam my hips into the ground.
Unfortunately I am now "laid up" for a while (at least 2 weeks according to the Doctor)and my next two races are in doubt.
Guess I should have double-checked my nuts Image....Now I am trying to get hold of 8mm axled Offsets! As for when I will be able to use them next.....?

Mike Ohm

indy offsets

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:00 pm

Eric Wallgren, sorry I don't think that way.

Eric Wallgren
Geezer-X
Geezer-X

Ohm

Post by Eric Wallgren » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:19 pm

Oh for F*cks sake.

I think everyone involved in this thread knows me and knows my sense of humor, you most of all, Mike.

Don't take me literally. You should know better.

Allow me to rephrase my post. See above

Christian Simsuangco

Post by Christian Simsuangco » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:24 pm

ohm,

e-mailed you a couple days ago about them. still got a set? i'm interested.
ride or die motha trucka.