DC's Green Skate Lab gets a green light...

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

DC's Green Skate Lab gets a green light...

Post by John Dillon » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey skaters!
Come get in shape for slalom by helping to build a bowl/street skate park in DC. First work party is this sunday,7/25/04, at 10am. Location 2901 20th St, NE, behind the Langdon Rec Ctr.
Directions: Beltway to rt 50W, turns into NY Av, take the S.Dakota exit
go Left on Vista
then Right on 20th
can't miss it
We need lots of old discarded tires(hundreds) and fill dirt. There will be a tire filling demo and we will start arranging the tires and filling them with dirt,rocks,gravel,etc, thus recyling them into a piece of artwork to be covered by concrete and skated. Come check it out...there are already about 90 tires on site from this week's neighborhood clean-up and some fill dirt already. We need more. Come help out if you can!! Anybody got a dumptruck and some dirt to get rid of?????? Come and recycle it here!

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Hey John,
Scott Henry is spinning this Thursday at Buzz with Feelgood. I'm bummed 'cause I can't make it.

But he will be opening for the final Dubtribe Sound System appearance on the east coast at Club Five on Sept 4. It should be an insane night. You can only get tix in advance at www.groovetickets.com.

Rene Hayden

bonjour

Post by Rene Hayden » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Hey John,

are there going to be future work parties? I was in France taking care of ill grandparents for the last 2 weeks. I would like to lend my expertise in unskilled manual construction labor--holes dug? no prob! Need pipe laid? No prob! Hell I'll even throw in some banter and loafing just for the heck of it.

I still have my safety gear too, just in case.

Rene.

John Dillon

Yo Rene!

Post by John Dillon » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:35 pm

Yes, of course you are welcome to volunteer.....I'm in CT and NJ this wknd for a slalom race and some roundwall action but give Chris or Terri Nostrand a call if you have tires to drop off or fill dirt to schedule delivery or to see when a work party is scheduled: 202-248-4718 or 240-604-7927. Once you attend a scheduled work party , then you can schedule your own when you can make it...that way, you will learn from others where everything goes, how to close up the site, store items,etc. You can volunteer 1 hour or several hours. The company is all good and the overall goal is even better. Thanks for inquiring. The other day a guy from Delaware came down w/a delivery of tires for this project. Call the above numbers to inquire how you can help out...every little bit helps! Volunteers are our greatest resource!

Rene Hayden

green wall action

Post by Rene Hayden » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:08 pm

apparently a good friend of mine just played a benefit for the skatepark at the Black Cat doing Van Halen covers, and the place was supposedly PACKED.

good to see it. I'll be around.

Rene.