Summer 2004 All Girl Longboard Sessions 6/19, 7/17, 8/14

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:38 am

EastCoast Board Co Skate Shop is hosting three ALL GIRL LONGBOARD SESSIONS this summer in Fairfax, VA (just outside of Washington DC). We did one of these last year and it was a huge success. This years dates will be JUNE 19th, JULY 17th, and AUGUST 14th. All sessions are limited to 25 girls for each date and the times are on the above Saturdays from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.

The DC Outlaw Crew will be lending a hand to Brett Roper, Special Afro Force Member (Afroman Skateboard Team Rider) who is now working for EastCoast Board Co. Brett is the contact point on the All Girl Longboard Sessions this summer.

At last year's All Girl Longboard Session, we took a group of 25 female riders and talked about how to longboard, reviewed how to start on a longboard, how to stop including foot dragging, and then moved on to the basic carve turns. We then split the group into two sub-groups, the total beginners and those that had the basic skateboard skills. By the end of the session, all the girls were carving it up with STYLE!!!! We then held a "for fun" head to head longboard slalom race. This summer should be the same format.

So get your wife, girlfriend, sister, mom or the girl next door and have them sign up now for one of the ECBS All Girl Longboard Skateboard Session. ECBS will be providing loaner longboards and safety pads if you need/want them.

If you would like to know more info visit
http://www.ecboardco.com/girllongboard.htm
or email: brett.r@ecboardco.com

DR

BTW, we are also looking for both men or women to help teach, so post on up here or contact Brett Roper and tell him David "LBK" Riordon sent you.
Last edited by David Riordon on Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
lbk

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:36 am

If you're desperate I'd be happy to help. I know everybody knows more than me but if you need my help to like...sweep the course or whatever I can do it.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:41 am

Danny,

Your crew knows just as much as us when it comes to longboarding. Mater of fact, you guys are doing stuff on your longboards that us old dogs can't do. Get all of your bros together and help us teach the girls how to longboard!
lbk

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:40 am

id be happy to help. I told my girlfriend about it cuz she wants to get into longboarding and i was supposed to help her build a board but it just keeps not happening but shes really cool and is the only one that owns a nova bombers shirt cuz she made one for herself before any of the crew actually has one. Where is it gonna be anyway?

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:12 am

Anthony,

The All Girl Longboard Session will be held on a big mellow parking lot behind ECBS in an office complex. Tell your girlfriend to bring all her friends. ECBS will be loaning out longboards and safety gear.
lbk

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 pm

I’ll be there with some boards.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:29 am

hmmm...I think I'll be at the beach for the first one but I'll try my best to come home early.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:08 am

What? Come home early from the beach? Danny, learn how to surf and stay at the beach as long as you can. Surfing is where it is at. It is the center of what made skateboarding and better yet longboarding.

Young man, GO SURFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are two other skate sessions to help out with.

DR
lbk

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:06 am

I'm just going to Bethany with a neighbor. Every time I've been there I could barely body board those waves because they were all weird and painful. And since my friend hates going in the water we just end up spending a lot of money.

I really wanna get into surfing though...

I'll see how things turn out. Do you have to know if we're coming or not? Or can I just show up if I feel like it?

Brittany Concepcion

WAHOOO!!!

Post by Brittany Concepcion » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:42 pm

Hey LBK,
Ill be there. Last year was awsome. Cant wait!!!

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:14 pm

LBK has a posse? Head for the hills!!

Brittany Concepcion

Post by Brittany Concepcion » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:15 am

Hey LBK, I heard that you are gonna reschedual the aug. 14th girls longboard. I was wondering if you have reschedualed it yet.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:52 pm

Brittany and anyone else, sorry about the short notice, but the next All Girl Skate Session is tomorrow, (Saturday) September 25 at 1 pm.

Meet at East Coast Board Co at 1pm and we will head out to the parking lot, across the street that is behind the shop.

East Coast Board Co
10358 Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: (703) 352-4600
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!