Springfield Mixing Bowl Ramp BOMB - Sunday!!

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Mark McMullen

Springfield Mixing Bowl Ramp BOMB - Sunday!!

Post by Mark McMullen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:21 pm

Attention crazy longboarders. Sunday morning (early) we're going to take pictures of skaters bombing the huge flying ramp at the Springfield mixing bowl. It lands behind a construction barrier along the innerloop just before the exit to 395 south. This ramp is probably a 1,000 feet long and rises to at least 100 feet. Mega Ramp.

There is a stretch of woods bordering the construction area. We're going to recon that area to see if we can park nearby and go through the woods to the ramp.

Contact Matt at 703-370-4800 for details. We'll also have 4 or 5 longboards available for those who need them.

Mark McMullen

New Date for MEGA Ramp Skate!

Post by Mark McMullen » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:14 pm

For those that live in the DC area, the MONSTER freeway ramp at the Springfield Mixing Bowl construction site is going to be skated this Sunday, March 14, at 7am.

Converge on this ramp for some quick 'n dirty slalom 'n bombing. Photos will be taken and submitted to Concrete Wave magazine. Please call Mack at 703-370-4800. He's the point man and will provide details. MAKE HISTORY!

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:15 pm

Did this happen??? Would love to see a few photos.

Q

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:23 pm

DOH! i had the number in my cell and everything! i totally forgot! i really wanted to join you guys... maybe it was my foresight realizing i didnt want to get busted twice in one day...

Mark McMullen

Springfield Mega Ramp

Post by Mark McMullen » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:13 pm

Didn't happen. Yet. We're still reconning a way in and out and trying to assess the likelihood of getting busted.

However... this Sunday at 2pm there is a pick up Longboard Skate Jam at the Oakwood Hill off Van Dorn Street. Lots of pictures will be taken and submitted to Concrete Wave mag along with a short write up.

All are welcome, bring your longboard and spread the word. Rain, rain stay away.