Brookland, DC

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Joseph Cross

Brookland, DC

Post by Joseph Cross » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:09 am

I went to the Basilica on Saturday and found this killer hill. It is on the way to the Basilica and goes through this Catholic college dorms. You have to be very wary of cars though. The best way to get there is to ride the metro to Brookland. You should be able to see the Basilica from the metro. Since I am leaving, I probably wont get to skate it, but I hope that some of you dudes can find it.

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

better known as...

Post by Andy Bittner » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:25 am

fyi, that Basilica is much better known to most as The Shrine Of The Immaculate Conception, on the campus of Catholic University.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:36 am

Isn't that in the ghetto though? I remember we went there on a field trip and were waving at people up to nothing good. Our teacher kept yelling at us because she thought we'd get shot or something.

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Ghetto?

Post by Andy Bittner » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:59 pm

No... I wouldn't exactly call the Brookland/Catholic University area "ghetto". There are areas around there that can get a little rough, but the closer one gets to the campus the more things seem to improve. Even the "rough" areas aren't all that rough. I think the population cross-section in that area of town would best be described as a cross between urban college and blue-collar residential.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:30 pm

I think I'll have to check it out sometime then.

Joseph Cross

Post by Joseph Cross » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:47 am

I cant go because Im moving, but I hope you have fun.