I need pics

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Anthony Flis

I need pics

Post by Anthony Flis » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:32 am

Hey if you guys have any picks of you or friends riding anything at all send them to me to put them on my site cuz i already started an outlaw slide show with a pick from david riordon and one from anthony smallwood so send them in...also i found out when i was looking at the referrers to my website on the stats dily and my site is now listed on yahoo and google and if you type in dc outlaw slalom my site comes up as like 7th or something like that on the list, i just thought that was cool

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:50 am

Anthony Flis,

Thanks for posting up photos of the DC Outlaw Crew.

Everybody Else,

Grab a photo or two and send them to these guys. It is great to see today's youth getting interested in longboarding, slalom skateboarding, and downhill skateboarding.

Aaron,

Get some photos of yourself slaloming over to NoVa Bombers.

DR
lbk

Aaron Morris

Post by Aaron Morris » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:00 am

yo,
I'll try to get some pics up in here. The only problem is i don't really have any. I only have like one or two good shots
Aaron

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:00 am

one or two shots is fine, if you gave me like 20 i wouldnt be able to post them all and id have to be selective which sucks

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:35 am

You already have all my pics. I don't like any of them so when I get a chance I'll get a disposable camera and go out with my friend. The wind will probably have to slow down a bit until I got out.

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:03 am

I got more pics from people before i posted this...so please i am begging you guys to send me pics or maybe a small video clip even...my site has lost so much traffic in the past week its crazy, the graphs that show me page views and visitors have just gone to hell and to the point where its like only me going to the site and the bar doesnt even show up....so if you can spread the word of my site and send in pics if no pics then spread the word of my site because it is pretty good if i might say so...heh

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:26 am

AnthonyF, I don’t really have any pics of myself that I like :D If I get some, I’ll forward them to you.

I do have some advice for the site: Some of the pics there are like 700-800k and therefore take a really long time to load for people that are on dial-up internet connections. I would suggest compressing the pics to a much smaller size (under 100k if possible). If you are on a Mac, there is a shareware app called Graphics Converter that can do this. If you are on Windows, search for some graphics implimentation shareware.

Wes

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:57 am

thanks for the input and i noticed that too seein as i still have dial up too i just havent really gotten around to it or dont think about it when im adding new pics and am in the menu but i got some more in tonight so when i add them tomorrow ill take a look and see what i can do

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:49 pm

Yeah, I never really noticed much since I have cable and never thought of those poor people with dial up.

David Riordon

Spreading the word on THE NoVa BOMBERS

Post by David Riordon » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:34 am

I'm spreading the word for you guys on other web sites (no names provided here because I can't get involved in skateboard politics if you know what I mean).

By the way here is an idea/request; push the "LBK Has a Posse" jpeg up on your page & stick small version of it in a corner and link it to some random cool web page like the DC Chapter of Surfrider Foundation http://www.surfrider.org/capitol/ or Snowrider Project http://www.surfrider.org/snowrider/. Just an idea that you can dump if you don't like it.

Laters,
DR
lbk

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:39 am

david, again thank you so much for getting us listed on ncdsa and ill see what i can do about that link to the surfrider site i cant really promise it since im not too good at writing html but ill come up with something...

and wes im still trying to come up with a way to get the jpegs loading faster and making them smaller didnt help at all....but im gonna search for something to make the quality level dily go down so they arent quite as large files

John Dillon

I enjoyed your site...nova-B

Post by John Dillon » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Hey guys....I liked your site....I have vid from the frozen Outlaw Race....but it's on regular vhs........maybe one day I learn how to do this AND be able to e-mail you pix & vid. I'll b shooting vid at the next race too if we get the race in! I'll look for some pix to send you...got a snail mail addy?

Aaron Morris

Post by Aaron Morris » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:56 am

Anthony,
What is your email address? I've got some pictures i can send to you.

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:00 am

here email it to joefl@prodigy.net its my dads but he doesnt use it and thats what i log in as everytime

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:54 am

The slide show is fixed. The pics are smaller and now don't take so long to load. And if you want just post a message on the corkboard. It doesn't have to do with anything. We just feel so lonely on it.

*cries*