2004 winter/spring DC race schedule??

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Tom Thompson

2004 winter/spring DC race schedule??

Post by Tom Thompson » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:40 pm

Hey kids....I want to get up y'all's way for at least one race this year and was wandering if there is an actual schedule posted anywhere?? Thanks.....and congrats BP.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:28 pm

Got this info from WesE: (slightly edited to show correct TGIV dates)

Jan 17.
Feb 7.
Feb 28.
March 20.
The Gathering, May 1 - May 2.

Q

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:51 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if these events were listed in the Contest Calendar?
WesE, can you provide more detail? Thanks.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:42 pm

Jani, that’s all the info there is at this moment for the Washington DC area Outlaw slalom series races. However, you could include Brian Parsons’ contact info there. Make sure it’s OK with Brian first though, as these are his races.

John Dillon

G-town slalom practice last wknd...

Post by John Dillon » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:24 am

Twas great running cones w/you guys up in Germantown over the warm 62 degree saturday last wknd....WesE,Q,Bozi, Paul, Bertleboy...and skating the ditch w/y'all too. Way to go, Kyle and Seth and Oldschool Andrew....that ditch was fun to sk8.

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:55 am

hey, i hit the cones too! lol
it was very fun and we must do it again once the cold goes away. wheres abouts you from anyways?

edit, jani your icon always makes me think you are about to kick someones ass while smiling at them. it creeps me out. :-D

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Well, once again the weather doesn't appear to be our friend

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:29 pm

Gentleman . . . and Slappy too!

I have every intention of making it to Gaithersburg for the race on the 17th, but as luck would have it the Weather Service is now providing longrange forecasts to next weekend.

It's not me putting the whammy on a race, it's the weather dude! The LRF show it getting below f-f-f-freezing this week and staying below freezing after Wednesday. Plus, the forecast shows snow on Thursday. So even if it does turn out to be bright and sunny next Saturday, there's an excellent chance it will remain freezing with no chance of left over snow and ice getting out of the way in the parking lot.

I want y'all to know I'm not wishing for the worst in any way. I was really looking forward to getting on the road and putting some miles under my wheels next Friday and Saturday. Unless, though, something changes so dramatically as to make us all reaffirm our faith, I just don't think it'll be possible for me to participate on the 17th.

As usual, here comes the plaintive cry from the wilderness asking if it's possible to make the call Thursday or Friday to reschedule for the 24th? If not warmer, it might be dryer. Then again, as we all know, one weekend is pretty much like every other one this time of year.

John Dillon

WT:Bring snow shovel, just in case!

Post by John Dillon » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Yo WT!
Even the weathermen around here still don't know what it's going to do on wed/thurs, though there's a 50% chance of snow(measureable) on thurs, 30% on wed.........my snow shovel is already in the car! Hopefully we'll race, but if not let's all race on the slopes on our snowboards at Liberty or Whitetail or go hit up Roundtop's half-pipe!! If the weathermen get it all wrong, then it'll be great to see you again, Parallelman!