DC Crew Road Trip: "NJ Fall Jam" Sat 11/15/03

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

DC Crew Road Trip: "NJ Fall Jam" Sat 11/15/03

Post by David Riordon » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:35 am

John Dillion is getting a road trip together for this longboard session in NJ that includes a Slalom GS race. Post up here if you are going to try to make the event.

DR

*****Here is a down and dirty copy and paste job from a guy named Sensei (originally posted on silverfishlongboarding.com)*****

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/f ... php?t=4366

Where: Hawthorne New Jersey
When: November 15, Saturday Raindate: November 16, Sunday
What to bring: Your Longboard and a good attitude, any food for cookin (I will get the dogs and burgers) any beverages of your choice. If you plan on bringing any adult beverages, I suggest Solo Cups for the park. My parents house is around the corner, so if we really feel the need....

Same deal as the big skate, we'll be going to do the giant slalom in the morning, and then the hills in the afternoon. We'll also be skating to the lot to do the slalom, so it'll be a cool little ride through the center of town. Sorry, no shirts or what not as of yet, but also no 10 buck fee or anything. This is just a get together to meet some fellow longboarders and have a good time..

Start time: Meet at the park at 10am, ride over to the lot at eleven. Anybody show up late just follow the road straight down to the parking lot, you'll see us.

Directions: Go to map Quest and type in Diamond Bridge Ave. Hawthorne, NJ 07506 It should then give you a choice of numbers, any number is fine ( the park entrance does not have a #) once you get to Diamond Bridge Ave, just follow the road till you see the park, its at the very begining of the street or the very end, depending how you come. you'll see a few baseball fields with a picnic area behind them, and a road leading down to that area off diamond bridge. I'll try to put up some signs on diamond bridge.

Please respond to this thread or email me and let me know your coming so we have an idea of how many people. Also feel free to email me any questions. senseibob@hertensokinawankarate.com Check this thread for updates.
lbk

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:31 pm

If a handful of you DC guys are going to this event, lets do something here on Sunday (assuming it doesn't rain Sat). I've got a few good spots and there is a new concrete park in the area. My door is open. Who's going?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:17 pm

a "longboard" GS sounds fun (scary I say that)....also Noah has some swet spots...you DC guys it REALLY is worth the extra time....

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:21 pm

This is my only "family" weekend before Feb. 2004. I'm sorry guys.

John Dillon

Longboarding in NJ this wknd!

Post by John Dillon » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:58 pm

Come on Middle atlantic states longboarding party people....let's support this event. The Jersey longboarders are cool and there's lots of energy within this group....we can hit up the new Wally'crete near Noah too...give me a shout on the cell 443-610-8488. Bring food for cook out too! Then the following wknd it's Vintage Day at Vans, Potomac Mills...there or square! Skate for fun!!

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:42 pm

I have to be in Manassas VA early on Sunday and I still don’t have transportation for any skate trips.

David Morris

Sorry cant make this one.

Post by David Morris » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:39 am

Man! I wish I could have the day off from work so I could make it. Can't get the day off. But you can count on Aaron and I making it to the Vans Vinatge Day.

David Morris

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:20 am

JD or somebody....
Any chance you can head up I-83 and pick me up?

Thanks
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:27 am

I'm going to a hockey game so I can't make it.
I have some free time to skate around 1pm on Saturday with anyone not going to NJ wants to skate.
Vlad check your private messages.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:26 pm

John Dillon and I are going to be there for the first half of Saturday, then hope to skate with Noah the second half. (Noah, I have the following number as your contact: xxx-xxx-xx08) If he can’t skate at that time, JD and I will hit the new concrete park in Sayreville. I would skate with Noah on Sunday if I could, but I can’t so we won’t.

PA Dan, If you still want to go with us (just Saturday), I’ll check with JD today to see if it’s possible. (I don't think there is any smoking to be done in his car though, so be warned) I still have this cell number for you: xxx-xxx-xx91.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:53 pm

Wes, how do you know if you have the rest of their phone numbers correct?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

YO: PA Dan!

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:09 pm

I'm at WesZeppelins' and yea, we can pick u up sat morn.....we'll phone u this eve to get directions...Wes sez he has your tel #...just in case it's the wrong #, give me a shout after 9pm on my cell 443-610-8488...anybody else going north? Give me a shout......Noah, c ya sat eve nr the wallycrete sk8 park in Sayreville. Skate for fun!
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:13 pm

Wes, think you can convice all of your dc homies to do a NH road trip for the next rye airfield park slalom event? TK

Anthony Smallwood

saturday

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:46 am

Hey Slappy, if you want to ride in DC saturday, give me a shout. My # is 202-607-1495. I'm sick as a dog right now, though I should be better tomorrow. I could use a few hits of gravity.

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:24 pm

Hey Anthony, I just tried to call ya. I don't know if it was your cell phone or mine. But I kept getting a 'unable to connect at this time' message.

I've got a killa cold going on now. So I can't get out.

If the weather is good maybe some SE later this week?

Anthony Smallwood

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:46 am

Damn Slappy, sick huh? Same here. I seem to have a case of influenza....totally sucks! Doug D. and Big Time Dave were both out ripping it up today and I missed out. No worries though, I'll be fine this week I'm sure, so we'll hook up with Big Time Dave and check out SE. Wednesday or Thursday would work for me. I don't know what's up with the phone but if you can't get me there (202-607-1485) then try me at 202-486-0561.

I raise a toast (hot tea) to WesE, the 2003 Summer Champ!!
Beastie sends his regards also.....
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!