DC Outlaw Race - November 1st ????????

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Morris

DC Outlaw Race - November 1st ????????

Post by David Morris » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:04 pm

Hi guys,

Just posting to see if the DC Outlaw Race is on for Saturday Nov. 1st at the Park and Ride. I am off on Saturday but I will be leaving the Fire Station that morning promptly at 7:00 am and heading your way. Aaron won't be able to make it since he will be in sunny Florida at Disney World.

Let me know if its still on. Looks like we will have some good weather.

BTW, I have tried getting Mike Stewart (the new guy that happend on the race in WV, tried the slalom and loved it - he lives in Virginia Beach) but I haven't been able to get him on the phone. I will try again and see if he needs directions or a ride to Gaithersburg.

later,

David "davmo" Morris

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:24 pm

The race is on this Saturday November 1st.

We will do longboards first starting at 10am.

Since we did tight slalom last time expect a more GBJish style course. Somethig fun and fast that rides easy and races hard.

I am sorry for not getting the points and results up, I promise I will have them posted today.

I am also wanting to ressurect the eastcoastslalom.com website to keep everyone updated again about our scene.

David Morris

Post by David Morris » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:05 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for a quick reply to my post. It looks like it will be a good day of racing! I hope I can make it by 10 am! Its normally a 3.5 hour drive for me so if the starting time is a little slow its cool with me. Early Saturday morning I will have to get my stuff ready at the Fire Station and as soon as my relief hits the door I will hit the road. Looks like I will have to drive the beetle since its a heck of a lot faster than the bus. Beetle can go faster than 70 mph.

I think its great that we can get some riding time in before winter hits.

Who else is going to be able to make it this weekend? There were quite a few DC outlaws that didn't make it to the WV race, it would be good to see them at the race this weekend.

David "davmo" Morris

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:55 pm

I hate to say it just yet. But the weather tomorrow looks perfect.

Hope everyone can make it out.

Call me if you need directions.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:55 pm

703-901-5167

Slappy Maxwell

Richmond?

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:59 pm

If guys keep/start showing up from Southern Virginia we should think about a Richmond race for next Spring or Summer.
Anybody know some spots?

Gary Saenz - old

Food

Post by Gary Saenz - old » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:22 am

Quick question about the Park and Ride. Is there anywhere close by to get some food or do I need to bring some with me? Looking forward to meeting the crew.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:52 am

Gary, there are loads of places to get food near the race site. Restaurants, sandwhich shops, and a supermarket right around the corner. Get your gasoline at Haymarket, VA though.

Rene Hayden

today

Post by Rene Hayden » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:38 pm

wow, beauty weather. I'd bring some water and a snack.

I am kicking, kicking, kicking myself repeatedly because I can't make it to skate it. I've been practicing, but I'm in lockdown mode trying to finish my diss. revisions before Monday.

Just wanted to say have fun you all, wish I could be there---anybody from SoVa will be a happy camper if you can make it up.

So when's the next slalom action?

P.S.: perks of construction work: skating the butter-smooth huge new parking lot at National Archives II I helped to fix up. Man, Maryland is the shiznit for hills and ditches.

P.P.S.: hey Brian, what's up with the deck? Now that I'm an earner, I'm all ready to order trucks and wheels from Bozi.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:16 am

Best slalom race ever. Killer time. We killed the GS course. Ohm killed me. 10AM after the Hell night is like 5 AM on a Monday!!! But that should be in the dark side. Zoh zee YOU zeah!!!

Jack Quarantillo

whazzup???

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:27 am

Where's all the photos?

Where's all the results?

Anybody got a laptop with battery life to make the whole day?
I could whip up a spreadsheet or application or something to collect data, and make life a little easier.

I've got a bit of video, but it isn't that great, as most of it was just "dead man" on the camera (tripod at the start).

GaryinVA? lbk? Anthony? any good stuffs?

Just wondering...

Q

Gary Saenz - old

Video

Post by Gary Saenz - old » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:01 pm

I got about 25 minutes of video. Not the best as I was using somebody else's camera that I'm not used to. I'll see about getting it burned onto a cd for the rest of you. It's on 8mm right now. And the worst thing is I didn't get any video of myself.

Anthony Smallwood

Video

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:28 pm

I've got a couple of good clips. I'm going to burn a DVD soon but I want some more footage. When's the next race?

BTW, I had an excellent time and I look forward to improving my weak speeds. Maybe if I showed up on time I'll actually get some practice....

Jeff Bozi
Boziboards
Boziboards

Post by Jeff Bozi » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:36 am

Anthony, I will be adding Videos to The Bozi site, if you have a couple cool videos from when you rode down between, burn it & send it so I can get them up. I will have a couple real cool NM videos with Kaylee & Palmer coming soon as well. A DC Outlaws video would be cool.

Thanks, Jeff

Wheres the group shots?
Bomb-Carve-Flow

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:27 pm

About the pictures. I finished my last film that I started in April of 2001. It's all digital now. Hopefully something will show up on the Last Century Tech photos.

If anyone has digital shots I can host them for free and preserve all copyrights.

Please e-mail group pictures to:

vladislavpopov@mail.ru

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:21 pm

_____Image_____
Last edited by Vlad Popov on Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:49 pm

Ahh........Image......Ohm?

Jeff Bozi
Boziboards
Boziboards

Post by Jeff Bozi » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:06 am

The Lawn Mower accident got 3 of his fingers & scrambled his brains.

Good thing he can still kill it on a skateboard.

;-)
Bomb-Carve-Flow