Parsons and Noah

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:25 am

Congrats boys, I personaly am super stoked on your performances out west last weekend. Way to go DC OUTLAWS.... REPRESENT

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:46 am

I'd like to also congratulate Noah and Brian P for their great showings this weekend; 3 podium finishes for DC Outlaws. Personally, I'm not surprised. They both keep on getting faster and faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevin M. Gamble on 2003-09-28 22:24 ]</font>

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:35 am

Mollica is also part of the DC Extended Scene. He has made it out to a number of events with us here in DC.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:29 am

BTW, Congrats to Noah and Brian P.
lbk

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Post by Andy Bittner » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:48 pm

I can't tell you just how impressed I am by the racing of Noah Heinle and Brian Parsons, and I extend my heartfelt congratulations to both of them. Way to represent, guys!

Of course, I am both blown away AND not surprised by Kenny Mollica's performance. Despite our little tiff last Spring, I've liked Kenny Mollica since I first met him. It has also become clear to me that Kenny Mollica is and probably always has been one of the best all-around skaters of his (our) generation, despite the fact that being raised in Columbus, OH kept him out of the SoCal generated limelight.

I'm just not sure Kenny would actually count himself as an extended member of our particular community, other than the fact that Kenny, like Chaput, seems perpetually driven to be an active member of the Global skate community.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:56 pm

Brian and Noah are two of the fiercest competitors I've seen in the past year or so that I've been slaloming. And at the same time, they're two of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet ANYWHERE. I'm stoked for the two of you!!.....WesE is cool cat also :smile: Hope to see ya'll in West Virginia!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:57 pm

My 2 Cents!

Noah (was my pick to take at least 2 events this year)
Parsons (I thought could take one)
Ohm and Tway just simply sk8 their asses off and did really well.

I want to thanks all of you East coast folks for the chance to race a little closer to home.

You have a great scene and cameraderie. As I mentioned to Brian the increased skill levels helped me justify going to the Open Class rather then just quitting.

This was the best time I've ever had at a race and you guys we're all Great.

Thanks for the support and Tway, I'll never forget what you said after our race.

L8R

CKnuck
Many Happy Pumps!

Mike Ohm

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:37 pm

Parsons was on FIRE at the World's!!!!!!
Tway lost his membership to team Slacker!
Noah, you are Pro Class!
TK, took down some legends!
Mollica. That's my boy!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:29 pm

Ahhhh, big friggin' deal!
Today's Tuesday: what have they done lately?

P.S. Y'all really didn't expect me to laud y'all with applause and accolades, did 'ya?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-09-30 13:30 ]</font>

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:49 pm

Thanks guys,

All of those days in the P&R paid off on Saturday.

Guys the courses were killer 80+ cones. I never made a clean run all weekend. There was a 10 cone DQ. I always hit 7-8 on every run. 11 cones in the finals against Barker knocked me out of the win. I beat him to the line. I felt I was the fastest skater on Saturday just not the smartest.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:02 am

Great job, you guys! Well done! I wish I could have seen it.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:58 pm

Yes, congratulations to ALL of you on your placement out West.

I often read the DC area stuff as there is some neat reading on our subject within those threads. I don't post to them because my input is not applicable... There are a lot of people reading this site and are not registered users. The DC stuff is always up on the stats too.

GBJ, I can dig what you have said about Kenny. I returned his call from work, told him I had to keep it short (the MAN could be listening in) and he gave me the "you pompous asshole" routine. But his skateboarding, his videos and when I remove myself from what I personally know of him, I enjoy watching him skate. He has such a knack for video photograhy and not only blending into the scene but enhancing it. When you see someone work hard at promoting the sport, it's a good thing to see them excel and have their hard work pay off.

All of you guys from the East are representatives of our fine sport. Your hard work shows at the podium.

Congratulations once again, thank you all for participating on the asphalt and in our asphalt colored forums.

adam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2003-10-01 09:03 ]</font>

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:04 pm

I too have got to say I was very impressed with the performances of the DC Crew. Noah is always a very smart racer and hell of a guy to boot. Brain has always been a contender and is even more so now. Tway surprized me the most. Team Slacker? No way. Tway was rocking those tech courses all weekend. Way to go guys!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ricky Byrd on 2003-10-08 14:58 ]</font>