Surfrider Foundation DC-Capitol Chapter Anniversary Celebrat

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:35 am

The previously announced Sept. 18th celebration for Wash DC Capitol Chapter of Surfrider Foundation has been POSTPONED due to projected damages and impacts of Hurricane Isabel on the Wash DC Metro Area. 

The new date will beThursday OCTOBER 2, 2003
7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Rhodeside Grill, 1836 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201 (tel 703.243.0145)

http://www.rhodesidegrill.com/ 

The night of celebration will feature door prises, special guests, a special showing of the 1972 classic surf film FIVE SUMMER STORIES, food, cash bar (sorry), live music (after 10 pm), and - as required - a brief chapter election of officers will be held.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:24 am

New Time Reminder for the Capitol Chapter Surfrider Beach Party at Rhodeside Grill

Thursday October 2, 2003
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Event Location: Rhodeside Grill (on Rhodes Street) in Arlington, VA
Notes: After Hurricane Isabel wrecked our last party date (and most of our lives) two weeks ago, we reschedueld and will now hold the semi-annual chapter celebration of the Capitol Chapter of Surfrider Foundation will take place this Thursday October 2nd at the Rhodeside Grill in the Underground event room. The night of celebration will feature a special surf movie presentation of FIVE SUMMER STORIES, free food, cash bar (sorry), live music (after 10 pm), and a required chapter election of officers - but don't let that scare you away IT'S A POST-ISABEL BEACH PARTY!

Located at the intersection of Rhodes Street and Wilson Boulevard (right next to Clarendon Blvd) and is just 2 blocks from the Courthouse (VA) Metro Station - and street parking is free after 6:30 pm! This is our biggest celebration of the year and want all members (and future members) to come join us!  

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:59 am

Vote me in as the Washington DC Chapter Chairman.

As Chairman, I will carry the fight for the beach environment, ocean ecological system, and our right surf.

One of the ways I've helped raise funds for our chapter is hosting various skateboard events (i.e. Mid-Atlantic Death Box Bowl & Pool Series, Vintage Longboard & Skateboard Day @ Vans Skatepark, Bank Slalom Race, etc.)

So, come on out 10/02/03 to our chapter board elections and beach party. ***All are invited including non-members for free food and a surf movie.****

http://www.surfrider.org/capitol/events.htm

Remember It's All Water.

VOTE DAVID "LBK" RIORDON FOR WASHINGTON DC CAPITOL SURFRIDER FOUNDATION CHAPTER CHAIRMAN
lbk