Hello, whats up?

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Michael Baker

Post by Michael Baker » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:18 am

Hey, I am from the area and just started my freshman year at Georgetown University. I have been longboarding for about a year, and I am really starting to enjoy it. Can you guys clue me in as to where some good hills are close to the campus? Do you guys meet often? Anyways, hello.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:11 am

Sup, dude. Check the thread above. Come to AM in AM.
Or check this forum for comps updates. We race longboards every ones in a while.

Welcomen.

Jeff Bozi
Boziboards
Boziboards

Post by Jeff Bozi » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:45 am

Hey , glad you stoppped by, are you the silverfishy I lured here?

Get to the DC thing if you can, it will open your eyes to all kinds of neat stuff, speed boarding, GS slalom, dual slalom sounds like, meeting Vlad :wink:

Theres always info on the DC forum here about local events, the DC outlaw races in Gaithersburg are an exellent time, try slaom, extra room to zoom around, longboard slalom ussually as well.

Great group of guys.

Bozi

Michael Baker

Post by Michael Baker » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:59 pm

I am from Gaithersburg... I didn't know there was a longboarding community so close to me.

and oh yeah, i am the kid from silverfish

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Michael Baker on 2003-09-04 10:59 ]</font>

John Dillon

Post by John Dillon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:41 am

Greetings fellow longboarder!
A couple of us longboarders will be skating St. Mary's skate park on sunday afternoon.

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Post by Andy Bittner » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:14 pm

In fact, Gaithersburg, MD has probably been the site of more slalom racing in the last three years than any place else in the world. Furthermore, I had such a rude awakening yesterday as to how badly my own skills have deteriorated, and considering that the weather today is going to be perfect, I'm thinking about heading over to the Park and RACE for a little practice. Late.

Michael Baker

Post by Michael Baker » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:07 pm

nevermind, just found the thread, sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Michael Baker on 2003-09-09 14:09 ]</font>