Slide Clinic

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Anthony Smallwood

Slide Clinic

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:48 am

So, is anyone interested in bringing Cliff Coleman to DC for a slide clinic?

For anyone who doesn't know Cliff, he's a master slider and top competitor in Slalom and Downhill. His techniques have been refined from bombing sick, steep hills in NorCal. He's currently traveling the world doing slide clinics and I think we should try and get him here.

Joseph Cross

Post by Joseph Cross » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:47 pm

When could he come?

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:41 pm

That actually sounds very cool. Will it cost us , if so how much?

I wish I could have raced yesterday, but I went and got myself hurt at work last week. It will take a little time for my stitches to heal, there in a very embarrassing and painfull place. Hopefully I can make the next DC Winter Outlaw race, only time will tell.

Jeff (The Boz) Boswell
Last edited by Jeff Boswell on Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:57 pm

That sounds great. Mainly because whenever I slide I ge thrown off the board.

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:50 pm

that would be so awsome id pee my pants. I think we should do it. I just started learning pendulums and i can pull them off but they look bad and dont flow good plus just to see him ride not even have a clinic but to just have him here would be awsome.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:50 pm

Hell yea, lets bring Cliff out for the Gathering. He had promised me previously that he would teach me how to slide. I pee my pants just trying to get the guts up to even try sliding. Scary!!!

Do we need to start a fund raiser to bring Cliff out here?
lbk

Anthony Smallwood

FUNdraiser

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:34 am

Probably about the same time you were posting this, I was driving on the beltway rapping with John Dillon and we were saying how we should have a fundraiser to get Cliff here. I guess that means it's on. Dave, let's talk about it Wed.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:14 pm

Has this gotten anywhere? I can help...

Q

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:08 am

...I tried to drum up some interest at ncdsa.com, left a little note there about the interest here but it was quickly deleted.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:35 am

Adam,
If we move forward with this, one of us 'less inflammatory' persons could post over there. (Not to say that you are an inflammatory person, just that someone else posting over there would be less likely to be deleted...)

Anyhow, if Cliff were to come out this way, I'd bet we'd have a boatload of people coming down from NJ, as there is a fairly strong longboard contingent there, plus all the NOVA bombers, plus the regular DC Outlaw crew, plus, plus, plus...

Q

Anthony Smallwood

slide school

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:41 am

Cliff said he'd be away for a bit and he won't have internet so we need to communicate with good old fashioned snail-mail. I have his address somewhere and the prices he quoted so I'll see if I can dig it up.

Basically he charges a total fee that's based off the number attending and that covers his time and expenses. He's totally into couch crashing to cut down on the total.

It's been mentioned that we should do it at the Gathering but I think we should save it for a day dedicated to sliding. It would be nice to take Cliff on a skate tour that same weekend.
Plus, Andy's got the schedule pretty much laid out for the G4.