[PVD] PVD's / Mike Dong make the Podium

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

[PVD] PVD's / Mike Dong make the Podium

Post by Terry Kirby » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:49 am

Mike, congradulations, You must feel very good taking the podium on your very first Pro Race. That is unreal. Tell us how you set up your Pee Vees. I heard the course was fast. TK

Michael Dong

Post by Michael Dong » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:19 am

Thanks Terence!

The "super Hybrid" course on Saturday was the fastest I've ever been on a slalom board. This was my first race on the R2's as I had only ridden on them maybe 3 or 4 times. I was using the R1 prototypes till I bought the R2's. The R2's have great rebound and return-to-center. My setup was:

Board: Roe Bullet w/axle-to-axle wheelbase of 23.5" and an aluminum TNR Designs front foot locator/stop and 40 grit belt sander grip.

Trucks: PVD R2's with 45 degree front angle and 30 degree rear angle. Yellow 90 bushings in the rear and yellow 84 bushings in the front. 4" titanium axles, 3 spacers in the rear, 5 spacers in the front.

Wheels: ABEC11 Flashbacks, 92front, 88rear

Bearings: Pleasure Tools Ceramics

Bearing Spacers: ABEC11 - all 0.401" length

I think the PVDs will also excel on a tighter or less steep course. I like to use the absolute best equip available and right now PVDs are it. And yes, I paid for all of my PVD trucks.

Brent Kosick and Attila Aszodi also made it to the round of 8 on Saturday's Super Hybrid on PVDs.

Dan Hughes
Dan Hughes
Dan Hughes

Post by Dan Hughes » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:54 pm

Hey Mike congrat's, I'm so happy for you. Now I can tell everyone that I race with a pro! Ha!

Question for ya. Can you explain the reasoning behind the different widths front and rear? Why wider in the front?

Also, last time we talked, you were testing Bones Swiss, and Ousts, and a couple of other bearings if I remember right? What did you find out, and what was the reasoning behind going with the ceramics?

I know, too many questions. Don't give away too many trade secrets, this amature just might beat you when he grows up!