front truck?

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Mike River

front truck?

Post by Mike River » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:05 pm

Hi guys an gals. Am putting together a runaround pumping deck for the summer, its one of those super flexy swiss things 28 inch long. I plan to use a seismic 110 on the back, what would be a good front truck to use in tandem ith this? Any comments would be welcomed.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:50 pm

Tracker RTX

Good, cheap, easily available, chicks dig it
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:13 pm

IF you want to stay in that price segment,ron is right even though i would prefer indys.but that's just a matter of personal taste.

just one suggestion though:superflexy sucks for decent pumping

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:00 am

splitfire....

high quality, great steering when wedged, great price, great looks, low maintenance

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:40 am

longtime indy advocate has seen the light.wedged trackers are the flavor of this summer.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:15 pm

The Indy and Tracker RT-X turn almost the same, the Tracker is a touch more stable but for the most part the trucks are the same (even with interchangable hangers and baseplates). If you need the edge the Indy is the better choice due to it's build quality, I use the term "quality" loosely here. The newest Trackers I have seen are complete trash, the hangers are a mess, the axles are weak and the overall quality is sad. Not that the newest Indys are that much better but they are...at least the hanger faces are kinda flush to the axles and the axles themselves are not that bad. The new kingpin in the Indys is lame (for anything other than street skating) and is short...but there are alot of decent short bushings out there now-a-days that you can tune the truck in just fine.

The RT-s is a better cruiser as it has a smoother turn (more like an old fulltrack) as a racer it is good where you need stability over flop.

If you can find a Tracker RT-X/S from a few years ago buy that...if not buy a new Indy.

As far as other trucks go....give a Seismic up front a try, especially on the flexy deck. It might take some getting used to but their is no better truck for cruising/pumping that a seismic front and back, especially on a spongey swiss deck.

As far as fancy trucks (Splitfire, Radikal, Geezer-X Seismics and PVD) they are all nice, I race PVDs front and back, have for over 2.5 years...but for overall cruising they are overkill - and far too delicate, some more thna others (they are "race" trucks afterall). You can cruise on them but your money is better spent on wheels or bearings. It's like using an Aston Martin DBR9 to go get groceries (I had to post a pic of my latest racing fetish, sorry). A Honda Civic will do much better for that, while the DBR9 will spank the Civic on a track, ANY Civic!

If you are ever going to race then I'd consider the Splitfire (nice trucks!)...but then again if you are going to race I'd consider buying a non-spongey board too.....

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:06 pm

Chris Stepanek wrote:It's like using an Aston Martin DBR9 to go get groceries (I had to post a pic of my latest racing fetish, sorry). A Honda Civic will do much better for that, while the DBR9 will spank the Civic on a track, ANY Civic!
Chris hey if your gunna post your racing fetch ;-) ... http://www.gryphonsolo.com/uploaded_gra ... tihull.mov Kind of like the multihull versus the monohull. There is a difference.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:18 am

Trackers RTs' quality varies. The box I got last week was great, the one before was crap. Indies have a short and funky bolt that's hard to change. I saw Geezer's modified Indy and thought of making it a bit taller for even greater turnability.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:41 am

Vlad Popov wrote: I saw Geezer's modified Indy and thought of making it a bit taller for even greater turnability.
How does that old saying go? Great minds think alike? 3/8" should do the trick....