Canadians In International Competition

Slalom Skateboarding in Canada

Moderator: Claude Regnier

Joyce Wheldrake

Canadians In International Competition

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Good work in 2008 for all Canadians who competed in contests in another country this year. You know who you are. It was one of the more expensive years in travel, the price of gas just recently dropped. Any road trip was nearly twice the price. Things will be getting back to normal soon that way so you know we are going to be back to USA and Europe to see what we can do against the speedsters of the world. Thank you to all who hosted contests. All the best to you this holiday season!

Joyce Wheldrake

2010 Skateboard Racing

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:58 am

Hey Canucks!
Who is planning any skateboard trips next year? Who will go to the worlds in Brixlegg, Austria if and when that happens? Texas? Ditch Slap? This year we had fun in Hood River, meeting at the house and feasting after racing. For next year, all my travel history changes. I may go to Europe, but who knows when. Racing looks exciting for next year. Its still very early but I want to know who in Mens will represent Canada at the 2010 Worlds if d20 Germany's best of format will happen. We can settle this at the Dovercourt Open June 30, 2010 to July 3, 2010 in Ottawa. Or Racers who want to go can go. I doubt that 10 will go. I would want to be put on the list to go as one of the fastest in Canada, although that is not true. I might be able to go, and can get time off, but may refuse to go on account of feeling like a fool, being played by the puppet master. (they will train, they will pay, they will come).
Best Ten to go.!?@#$%&&*())_? 8 Men and 2 Women. For this I nominate the best Slalom Skateboarders in Canada who might be able to go to the Worlds 2010.
Sebastian Leger
Chris Iverson
Patrick Switzer
Miguel Marco
Pierre Gravel
Claude Regnier
Rob Sydia
Chris Barrett
Brad Kasha
Best Changes from year to year
Emile Gascon
Julie Belanger
Raylene Hill
Joyce Wheldrake
You have been listed. See about that.
Joyce

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am

You forgot Dasha

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Gustavs Gailitis
Gustavs
Gustavs

Post by Gustavs Gailitis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 am

And Louis Ricard!!!
If you want to upgrade your board,visit - http://www.coneracing.com/

http://fullbagskates.com/

http://www.slalomskaters.lv/ - Wheelbite Racing

Joyce Wheldrake

Canucks

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:11 pm

I luv Dasha, but I wouldnt be surprised if she plays for another team next year, or if she never comes back. Being from Ukraine and now living in Switzerland, who can say but the lady if she is going to do that.
Louis Ricard is a fast young gun. Love his Pro board. That was not the list, it was a start of a list, and who knows who can go now.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 pm

a nice thread but not in the right section,joyce.
please refer to the 2010 worlds topic created for the canadians where i want mig to share his view of things.

Joyce Wheldrake

Save The Criticisms

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:27 pm

This is where we may discuss amongst ourselves. For lists and nominations, please see the d20 page. For what I was doing, it was about Racers who have been doing it for many years in Canada, people I respect, born in Canada, maybe not pro but still people I can count on. Everyone can go play with d20 now. It hardly matters who writes what, probably none of the people mentioned will go to this "Worlds", for a variety of reasons. I am just filling in the blanks and killing time until the next racing season.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 pm

dear joyce
these are not the "d20" games,i think you got that wrong.
it's a very serious effort to bring more credibility to this sport.
me being the main spokesman for many riders and their interests and views in general about how a world-championship should rightfully define itself.

i am not trying-really-to push my ego here,i could walk away from this and have a great time.

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 pm

This is still very early to think about where I will race next year. I will defenetly go to all the north eastern contest, Farm, Antrim, Ottawa, Quebec, Montreal... I would really like to go to the Worlds in Austria and I think this will be THE event next year if every rider shows up.

Until then...
The waves of life makes us stronger!