Naphte Magazine Meeting Video

Slalom Skateboarding in Canada

Moderator: Claude Regnier

Miguel Marco

Naphte Magazine Meeting Video

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:47 pm

Naphte Mag organized a meeting last saturday in Quebec City to promote longboarding. There was some slalom, freecarving and sliding sessions. Plenty of demo boards to try. And a slalom race and slide contest.

Here's a video from the meeting by Boris Firquet, a friend and avid longboarder.

http://www.lebancdecaplans.ca/blog/naph ... ing-05.mov

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:06 pm

Mig,

You looked good. Pretty good slidin' goin' on too.
Now, the big question: who built and supplied that start ramp? It was defintely primo!

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:36 pm

Thanks Wesley!

Rick Brassard (white helmet, blue sweatshirt, with mustache) was the guy who built and supplied the ramp. And did a great job! He just started slaloming with us this summer and got totally stoked on it.

He spent $20 on it and used wood and pipes he had laying around in his garage. It can be assembled and dismantled in 10 minutes and can fit in his Toyota Sienna while still sitting 4 adults with all the skate gear. It has a great pumpable transition, stairs in the back with griptape on every step, and masonite surface.

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:16 pm

Miguel Marco wrote:Thanks Wesley!

Rick Brassard (white helmet, blue sweatshirt, with mustache) was the guy who built and supplied the ramp. And did a great job! He just started slaloming with us this summer and got totally stoked on it.

He spent $20 on it and used wood and pipes he had laying around in his garage. It can be assembled and dismantled in 10 minutes and can fit in his Toyota Sienna while still sitting 4 adults with all the skate gear. It has a great pumpable transition, stairs in the back with griptape on every step, and masonite surface.
:|

thats seriously intense!

How come nobody told anyone about this, I might have tried to get out to that, mig! SHAME!

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

BIG MIG

Post by Robert Sydia » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:48 pm

Mig:

Could you do me a huge favor - get me some pics and hopefully the plans for the ramp.

The Toronto Crew wants to build a set and they look incredible.

Feel free to send me the information direct to my e-mail

Hope things are well

All the best

Rob