Canadians in Chicago?

Slalom Skateboarding in Canada

Moderator: Claude Regnier

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Canadians in Chicago?

Post by Christopher Bara » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:41 pm

Any of you northern folk coming into Chicago for the Hybrid races at Grant Park on July 24th?....it's an awesome place to race. Great surface, nice folks and in the heart of the city

Run Clean

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Chicago

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:16 pm

Hi Chris, I'm still injured or I would likely be there unless that is the same weekend as I am already going to miss La Costa.

I couldn't even make it to Portland this weekend to rep Canada and KHRT, Ouch!

I'll be in Toronto that weekend giving a Coaching course to Sk8park instructors. Since I can't sk8 I migth as well try to pay for some of my sk8'g :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:36 am

sorry to hear 'bout that Claude......but you could sure be stuck in a worst place than Toronto aye?.....i love that city....

Something just crossed my mind too....you've been in this sport for a while.....has there every been any Can-Am games?.....Niagra comes to mind.....or Detroit-Windsor.......

it's not a bad idea huh?

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Can/Am Idea?

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:20 pm

I'm not sure wether or not there has been any Sk8 Can/AM events. We all know there there been several other types of Can/Am events, however.

If you look for the link to the 2005 and races I posted a couple of weeks ago you'll see what I've had in mind for a couple of years now.

One of the French racers responded positively and we already have a spot in Ottawa for next year if we can get some interest it would certainaly work for everyone, the Slalom world included.

viewtopic.php?t=1935

I hope that link worked, I've never tried it before. It's in random Slalom Topics
Many Happy Pumps!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:29 pm

looks good to me!.....it also looks like the midwest cities are getting pretty well organized into one big group, which would make mid-Canadian events more popular as well. Ottawa....far as hell!...always wanted to go there but i think the plane fare is huge.....maybe by rail?....of course Toronto is a great locale too......if you decide on anything in the southern areas of Ontario, drop me a line....we're right across the river in Detroit and i can start canvasing the downtown are for a good spot too.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

CAN-AM

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:16 pm

Chris! Whoever wants to Host the US segment is welcome to!

The sooner the planning begins, the better. Airfares between Ottawa/Chicago - Washington, Detroit or a couple of other venues are pretty reasonable and may even get lower by next year. There is always the vanload travel option on one day drive events.

With what's happening in the Slalom world, the growth, development, organization, minor TV coverage and quite a bit of regional coverage worldwide we could start to pull together some Air line deals for racers.

Mark McRee's plan and the work of Jack Smith and many others could make it work out well. As we stride to develop bigger events in our own neighouring cities and communities. If we want participation from sk8rs from far away, we need to organize early - to give people time to plan and to secure adequate sponsorship.
Many Happy Pumps!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:53 pm

Then i best get busy....time to start looking for sites in downtown Detroit and Windsor Ontario.......two countries, one weekend....